Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
"WEST TANFIELD, (and East Tanfield) a parish in the North Riding of Yorkshire, on the E. side of Masham. In the Ch. of the latter are several
monuments of the Marmions, its ancient Lds. who had a castle here, as the Fitzhughs had before them, which passed by
marriage to the Greys of Rotherfield."
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014