Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for WEST TANFIELD in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at Edward Swales', West Tanfield. Letters via Bedale arrive
at 8-20 a.m., and are despatched at 5 p.m. in summer and 4 p.m. in winter. Nosterfield
Wall Box cleared at 4-15 p.m. in winter and 5-15 p.m. in summer.
- 1 Almack Rd. Greensit (yeo.), Belle Vue villa
- Alton J., North Tanfield and East Tanfield farms
- Armitage John George, Fanfield Hall farm
- Atkinson Francis, Binsoe
- Atkinson William, Binsoe
- Close Arthur, Haw leas
- Cuthbert Robert, Westwood
- Fall Thomas (yeo.), Thornbrough
- Goodyear John, Low Sides farm
- Gothorp George, Nosterfield
- Grange Mrs. Rachel Ann, Binsoe
- 1 Greensit William, The Grange farm
- 1 Hammond Mary & Son (and millers), Tanfield Roller mills
- Heslington Miss Ellen (owner), Thombrough
- Hewison William, Westwood
- Jessop Charles, Nosterfield
- Kettlewell William, Thornbrough
- Knowles Rd., Lady Bridge farm, Thombrough
- Learoyd John, Nosterfield
- Pratt James, Binsoe
- Scuton William, High Haw Leas
- Smith William, Thornbrough
- Stainthorpe James (yeo.), Thornbrough
- 1 Stone George, The Village farm
- Topham Thomas (yeo.), Thornbrough
- Webster John Henry, Camp house
- Wells John, Nosterfield
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]