"WIGGINTON, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles N. from York, containing 309 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of Alne and Tollerton, rated in the king's books at £14, 13. 4., and in the patronage of the Crown."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]