Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for WYKEHAM in White's Directory of 1840.
- Hon Mamaduke Langley is Lord of the Manor
- * are in Ruston
- Marmaduke Langley, Wykeham Abbey
- Richard Sharp vict Langley Arms Inn and Post Office
- Geo Bell and Fras Fox, been houses
- *Hy Dowsland shoemaker
- *Jas Hardy, smith
- Rt Nendick Hodgson, schoolmaster
- John Jowsey, wheelwright
- Prt Marshall butcher
- John Raine, mason
- Mattw Rivis Esq, Land agent to Hon M Langley
- Wm Troutsdale, tailor
- Geo Wallis * gent
- Robt Botham
- Wm Darrel
- Thos Dickenson*
- John Hall*
- Megginson Hall*
- John Hopper
- Peter Marshall sen
- Jonth Marshall*
- John Riby
- Richd Wallas*
Transcribed by Caroline Gaden.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014