Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for WYKEHAM in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
Postal Address for Wykeham and Ruston, Sherburn, York.
- Post Office at Wykeham; Wm. Gillance, sub-postmaster. Money Order Office
at Brompton. Telegraph, Sherburn.
Langdale End, letters addressed Hackness, Scarborough.
Letters delivered at Wykeham at 8-50 a.m. on week days, and on Sundays, 8-25 a.m. winter and
10-25 summer; and are despatched at 5-20 a.m. week-day, and 12-0 noon Sunday.
Miscellany of trades
- Ball Geo., gamekeeper, Wykeham abbey
- Clarkson Jane, vict., Downe Arms
- Gillance William, grocer and pig dealer
- Hardy Frederick, cart and carriage proprietor, Ruston
- Hardy Richard, blacksmith, Ruston
- Hayes Mrs., day school, Langdale End
- Hick Thomas, mason, Ruston
- Jowsey John, joiner
- Marshall Mrs. Sarah Ann
- Poad Wm., veterinary surgeon, Ruston
- Savile Wm. Hall, M.A., vicar
- Simpkin William, bootmaker
- Tate Thomas, schoolmaster
- Temple Frank, grocer
- Tindale Richard, tailor and draper
- Watson John, huckster, Ruston
- Wilson Robert, tailor and draper
- Appleby John, Langdale End
- Ashton John, Ruston
- Coverdale Richard, Langdale End
- Hardy Thomas (and dairyman), Ruston
- Hopper John
- Hopper Wm. Monkman, Wykeham grange
- Jefferson John, vict., Moor Bird, Langdale End
- Kendall Frederick
- Marshall Peter
- Morby John, Hilla green, Langdale End
- Morflitt Richard
- North William, Ruston
- Pickering William
- Plaxton William, Ruston
- Poad George
- Riby Miss Rachel
- Scoby John, Wykeham carr
- Stonehouse John, Bedale
- Ward Robert, High Langdale End
- Jones Robert, carrier to Scarborough
- Stephenson George Henry, station master
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014