The Ancient Parish of YORK SAINT SAVIOUR
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. © 2010]
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"YORK SAINT SAVIOUR, a parish in the Ainsty containing places in the North Riding."
"HEWORTH, in the parishes of York Saint Cuthbert and York Saint Saviour, and
wapentake of Bulmer; 1 mile NE. of York Saint Saviour, Here is a Sunday school,
supported by members of the established church. Population, 146."
- -(See York Saint Cuthbert for directory)
- In 1871 the township of Heworth (a part in this parish and a
part in the parish of St. Cuthbert) by an Order in Council, was constituted
a separate and independent parish. See
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014