GENUKI Home page    Northallerton Northallerton

The United Reformed Church, Northallerton

The United Reformed Church, Northallerton
Zion Church stands on the leafy eastern side of Alverton Lane, 110 metres (yards) north of Romanby Road in Northallerton. This independent Congregational church first came into being following open air gatherings in 1796 at the Market Cross. The first building was opened in 1818 and dedicated in 1819. The present building was erected in 1858. It became a United Reformed Church in 1972 when the Presbyterian and Congregational churches were united. [The History Files]

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved] Photograph © Copyright David Ward and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.

The United Reformed Church is located at OS Grid Ref. SE3684993818

Find nearby Churches in the Genuki Church database

If you have an interest in Church Architecture, please see Phil Draper's "Church Crawler" pages.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014