GENUKI Home page    Osbaldwick Osbaldwick

St. Thomas's Church, Osbaldwick

St. Thomas's Church, Osbaldwick
St Thomas Osbaldwick is on the south-east corner of Murton Way and Osbaldwick Lane in Osbaldwick. The village is mentioned three times in Domesday Book as Osboldewic, while the church was founded in the twelfth century. In a poor state by 1877, it underwent major restoration by J A Scott. More work took place in 1967 and 2005. Mary Ward (1585-1645) is buried here, famous for founding the revolutionary Catholic Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary in 1609. [ The History Files ]

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved] Photograph © Copyright Ian S and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.

St. Thomas's Church is located at OS Grid Ref. SE6350151869

Find nearby Churches in the Genuki Church database

If you have an interest in Church Architecture, please see Phil Draper's "Church Crawler" pages.


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014