"ADDINGHAM, a thriving and populous village in the parish of its name, in the same wapentake as Skipton, six miles from that town. The manufacture of cotton employs many hands here. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is pleasantly situated on an eminence, near the river Wharf. The patroness of the living is Mrs. Mary Cunliffe, and The present rector is the Rev. John Coates. Here is also a spacious Methodist chapel, and a meeting house belonging to the society of friends. The population in 1821 was 1,570." Note: The directory entry for Addingham in Pigot's 1829 Directory is included with Skipton.