|Yorkshire||West Riding||Nearby places|
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"ADDINGHAM, a parish-town, in the east division of Staincliffe, liberty of Clifford's-Fee; 6 miles from Skipton, 7 from Keighley, 9 from Otley, 37 from York. Pop. 1570. The Church (see Churches for photograph) is a rectory, dedicated to St. Peter, in the deanry of Craven, value, ~£9. 7s. 8½d. p.r. !£122. 18s. 10d. Patroness, Mrs. Mary Cuncliffe.
The Church, one of the neatest in Craven, with the antique parsonage house, stands at an agreeable distance from the village, on a lingula of land, between the Wharfe and the deep channel of a brook, which unites with it immediately beneath. --Whitaker's Craven."
"BEAMSLEY, (Great and Little), in the parishes of Addingham and Skipton, upper division of Claro; (Beamsley Hall, the residence of Robinson Chippendale, Esq.) 6 miles from Skipton, 8½ from Otley, 17 from Knaresborough. Pop. in Addingham 80, in Skipton, 232, total, 312." (There is further information for Beamsley).
"DEERSTONES, 4 farm-houses in the township of Beamsley, and parishes of Addingham and Skipton; 7 miles from Skipton."
"FARFIELD HALL, (the seat of Wm. Cunliffe, Esq.) in the township and parish of Addingham; 5 miles from Skipton, 7 from Keighley."
"GILDERSBER, a single house in the parish of Addingham, wapentake and liberty of Staincliffe; 6 miles SE. of Skipton."