[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"ARKSEY, a parish-town, in the township of Bentley with Arksey, lower division of Strafforth and Tickhill, liberty of Tickhill; 3½ miles N. from Doncaster, 9 from Thorne, 35 from York. Pop. included in Bentley. The Church is a vicarage dedicated to All-Saints, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, £12. 17s. 6d. p.r. £109. Patron, Sir George Cooke, Bart.
Here is a Free Grammar School endowed by the Will of Bryan Cooke, Esq. dated January 3rd, 1660, and built by the will Of Sir George Cooke, Bart., in 1683; and an Hospital for twelve of the poorest and oldest people in the parish."
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.