Agbrigg wapentake, L.D. - Population, 3,819, vide Batley ; Chapel-room, 1,000 *1; Net value, £43. - Built under the Parliamentary grant. Architecture Gothic, with tower and spire ; first stone laid 25th June 1829 ; cost, £2,953. 2s. 6d. Made a district parish, under 58th Geo. III., cap. 45, sec. 16, but still in the parish of Batley for lay purposes. -Vide 11th and 12th Report of the Commissioners, page 5.
Patrons, the Earls of Wilton and Cardigan, alternately.
Here was anciently a Church, which, during the Usurpation, got into the hands of Presbyterian trustees, and has never been restored to the Establishment.
Augmented, in 1831, with £600 from the Parliamentary grant, by lot ; in 1832, with £200, by lot ; and in 1833, with £200 from the Parliamentary grant, to meet benefaction of £200 from the Earl of Dartmouth.
An inclosure Act was passed 56th Geo. III.
No glebe house.
Parochial Charities and Register Books. -No return.
Post town: Dewsbury.
Scatcherd's Morley. Loidis et Elmete, pages 237. 248.
*1 Of which 424 are free sittings.