|Carleton In Craven
"CARLETON IN CRAVEN, is a village, in the parish of its name, (which has no dependent township), in the same wapentake as Broughton, 2 miles s.w of Skipton ; seated in a pleasant valley. In the village are the parish church, a neat edifice ; a free school, and an alms house ; the latter for the maintenance of twelve widows. The Rev. Walter Levitt is the incumbent of the living of Carleton. The parish contained, at the last census, 1,265 persons.
Please see Skipton Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this parish."