"COLLINGHAM, is a pleasant little village, in the parish of its name, (which has no dependent township), in the lower division of the wapentake of Skyrack, in the same riding as Wetherby, two miles from that town ; situate on the river Wharf, and on the road leading to Harewood. The making of malt is the principal trade existing in the parish, the land of which is productive, and chiefly employed in agriculture. The church is dedicated to St. Oswald: the living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of Mrs. Wheeler, and incumbency of the Rev. Henry Beckwith. The parish contained, at the last census taken in 1831, 414 inhabitants.
Please see Spofforth Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this parish (under Wetherby)."