"COLLINGHAM, a parish in the lower division of the wapentake of Skyrack, in the West Riding of the county of York, 2 miles S.W. of Wetherby, its post town and railway station. It is situated on the S. bank of the river Wharfe. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ripon, value £414, in the patronage of the Rev. C. Wheler. The church, dedicated to St. Oswald, is an ancient stone edifice; it was restored in 1841. The Wesleyans have a chapel in the village, and there are endowed schools for both sexes, in which sixteen children are gratuitously instructed The parochial charities produce £31 10s. per annum. The manorial rights are held by the trustees of the late Lady Hastings."