The Ancient Parish of DINNINGTON
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2007]
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"DINNINGTON, a parish-town, upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill, liberty of
Tickhill; (the seat of John Middleton, Esq.) 8 miles SW. of Tickhill, 8 from
Worksop, (Notts.) 8½ from Rotherham, 51 from York. Pop. 189. The Church
is a rectory, dedicated to St. Leonard, in the deanry of Doncaster, value,
~£4. p.r. £68. 3s. 11d. Patron, the King."
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- Paul Newbold has set up a "A photo tour and a brief history" of
Dinnington and Throapham to which it is now joined.
- A transcription of the 1914-1918 and 1939-45
War Memorial at Dinnington.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014