"BENTLEY GRANGE, a farm-house in the township and parish of Emley, liberty of Wakefield; 7 miles SW. of Wakefield."
"EMLEY LODGE, a farm-house in the township and parish of Emley; 7 miles from Huddersfield."
"OLD HALL, a farm-house in the township and parish of Emley; 7½ miles from Huddersfield and Wakefield."
"PARK GATE, and Park House, 2 or 3 h. in the township and parish of Emley; 8 miles from Huddersfield and Wakefield."
"SCISSETT, the village now known as Scissett was originally three or four scattered cottages and a corn mill in the bottom of the River Dearne valley in the parish of Emley. Early in the 19th century a local small time clothier bought this mill and as his business grew, he built houses near his factory for his weavers. Other houses quickly followed and the village came into being. A church dedicated to St Augustine was built in the late 1830's and consecrated in 1839 as a chapel in the parishes of Emley and High Hoyland. The village did not increase much in size in the later 19th century due to a depression in the textile trade but the turn of the century brought some revitalisation. The textile trade has now virtually disappeared from the area but other industries have taken over the buildings and Scissett, although small, still thrives." (There is further information for Scissett).
"SKELMANTHORPE, in the townships of Cumberworth, and Cumberworth half, and parishes of High Hoyland and Emley, liberty of Pontefract; 8 miles SE. of Huddersfield and Wakefield."
"UPPER CUMBERWORTH, or Cumberworth Half, in the parishes of Kirk Burton and Emley, Agbrigg-division of Agbrigg and Morley, liberty of Wakefield, 5½ miles from Penistone, 8 from Huddersfield, 10 from Barnsley. Pop. 1,120. Here is a Chapel dedicated to St. Nicholas."
"WHITCROSS, a farm-house in the township and parish of Emley, liberty of Wakefield, 7 miles ESE. of Huddersfield and 7 from Wakefield."