GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
  Yorkshire Yorkshire   West Riding West Riding   Neighbours Nearby places

The Ancient Parish of FIRBECK

[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]

"FIRBECK, a parish-town, in the upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill, liberties of St. Peter and Tickhill; (Firbeck Hall, the seat of John Gally Knight, Esq.) 4 miles S. of Tickhill, 6 from Worksop, (Notts.) 7 from Bawtry, 11 from Rotherham, 44 from York. Pop. 226. The Church is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Peter, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, p.r. 41. Patron, the Chancellor of St. Peters, York. This church was rebuilt on the site of the old one, in 1820 1, by Mrs. Gally Knight."


"CUCKOLDS HAVEN, a farm-house in the township and parish of Firbeck; 4 miles S. of Tickhill."


"PARK HILL, (the seat of A.B. St. Ledger, Esq.) in the township and parish of Firbeck, upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 4 miles S. of Tickhill, 6 from Worksop, (Notts.)"

[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson 2007]

Cemeteries

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Directories

Gazetteers

Maps

Monumental Inscriptions

Societies


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014