"FISHLAKE, a parish in the southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-AND-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, comprising the chapelry of Sykehouse, and the township of Fishlake, and containing 1274 inhabitants, of which number, 723 are in the township of Fishlake, 4 miles W. from Thome. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £13. 3. 9., endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £1600 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church is dedicated to St. Cuthbert. The Rev. Richard Rands, in 1641, founded and endowed a school for the education of children unlimitedly: the property consists of a school-house and garden, with certain lands producing an income of £102. 13. a year: forty children are now educated."
"SYKEHOUSE, a chapelry in the parish of FISHLAKE, southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-and-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles W.N.W. from Thome, containing 551 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Peter."