[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"GIGGLESWICK, a parish-town, in the west-division and liberty of Staincliffe; 1 mile W. of Settle, 7 from Kirby Lonsdale, (Westm.) 57 from York. Pop. 746. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Alkald (see Churches for photograph), in the deanry of Craven, value ~£21. 3s. 4d. p.r. £75. Patrons, J. Coulthurst, and J. Hartley, Esqrs. alternately." (There is further information for Giggleswick).
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
The School Chapel, Giggleswick. Sir Thomas G. Jackson architect designed this in 1897 and completed it 1901. The donor of the chapel was Mr. Walter Morrison of Malham Tarn House. The brown dome is of copper and was renewed circa 1990. The former dome was green (weathered copper). The German bombers used it as a landmark to get to Liverpool in WWII.