Open a form to report problems or contribute information

 
1 Introduction 2 Message details 3 Upload file 4 Submitted
Page 1 of 4

Help and advice for In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Great Mitton:

If you have found a problem on this page then please report it on the following form. We will then do our best to fix it. If you are wanting advice then the best place to ask is on the area's specific email lists. All the information that we have is in the web pages, so please do not ask us to supply something that is not there. We are not able to offer a research service.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it. We have a number of people each maintaining different sections of the web site, so it is important to submit information via a link on the relevant page otherwise it is likely to go to the wrong person and may not be acted upon.

In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Great Mitton:


"AGDEN, a single house in the township of Bashall Eaves, and parish of Great Mitton, liberty of Staincliffe; 12 miles SW. of Gisburn, 5 miles from Clitheroe, (Lanc.)"


"AYXA, a single house in the township of Bashall Eaves and parish of Great Mitton; 5 miles NW. of Clitheroe, (Lanc.) 13 from Gisburn."


"BASHALL, in the parish of Great Mitton, west-division of Staincliffe, liberty of Bowland; (Bashall Hall, the seat of James Taylor, Esq.) 4 miles NW. of Clitheroe, (Lanc.) 11 from Blackburn and Burnley, (Lanc.) 10 from Gisburn. Pop. 348."


"BASHALL EAVES, a single house in the township of Bashall, and parish of Great Mitton; 4 miles from Clitheroe, (Lanc.)"


"BRADDUP HOUSE, a single house in the township of Bashall, and parish of Great Mitton, liberty of Staincliffe; 4 miles from Clitheroe, (Lanc.)"


"BROWSHOLME HALL, (the seat of Thomas Parker, Esq.) in the township of Bowland Forest, and parish of Great Mitton, liberty of Bowland; 5 miles from Clitheroe, (Lanc.)" (There is further information for Browsholme Hall).


"EADSFORD BRIDGE, a hamlet in the township and parish of Great Mitton, liberty of Staincliffe; 1½ miles W. of Clitheroe, (Lanc.)"


"GRINDLETON, in the parish of Great Mitton, west-division of Staincliffe, liberty of Bowland; 5 miles SW. of Gisburn, 14 from Burnley, and Colne, (Lanc.) 15 from Skipton. Pop. 1,125. The Church is a perpetual curacy, value p.r. ~£95. Patron, the Vicar of Great Mitton."


"NEW HOUSE, a single house in the township of Bashelleaves, and parish of Great Mitton; 4 miles from Clitheroe, (Lanc.)"


"PAGE FOLD, a single house in the township of Bashelleaves, and parish of Great Mitton; 4 miles WNW. of Clitheroe, (Lanc.)"


"WADDINGTON, in the parish of Great Mitton, west division of Staincliffe, liberty of Bowland; 8½ miles SW. of Gisburn, 14 from Blackburn, (Lanc.) 16 from Burnley, (ditto) 20 from Skipton. Pop. 687. The Church is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Helen. Patron, T.L. Parker, Esq." (There is further information for Waddington).


"WADDOW HALL, (the seat of B.N.R. Battye, Esq.) in the township of Waddington, and parish of Great Mitton, liberty of Staincliffe; 2 miles from Clitheroe, (Lanc.) 12 from Blackburn and Gisburn."


"WEST BRADFORD, in the parish of Great Mitton, west-division of Staincliffe, liberty of Bowland; 2½ miles N. of Clitheroe, 7 from Guisburn. Pop. 564."

[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]