Area, 840 acres. Claro wapentake. -Population, 534 ; Church-room, 400; Net value, £213.
On the 23rd May 1348, this Church was appropriated to the Monastery of Egleston, and a Vicarage ordained.
At the Dissolution the patronage came to the Crown.
Valued in the King's Books at £3. 10s. Inclosure Act 10th Geo. III.
Glebe house unfit.
The perfect Register Books commence in 1737 ; there are mutilated fragments which go back to about 1662. -But vide transcripts at Richmond.
John Cass's rent charge, by will, 13th Jan. 1728. 10s. per annum to the poor, and 40s. per annum for teaching six children to be named by the Minister.
Jas. Sumpster's gift, 1727. 10s. per annum to the poor, and 20s. per annum for teaching three poor children, to be nominated by the Minister.
J. Abbay's gift, 1705. Interest of £10.
W. Pickard's, 1783. Dividends on £356. 13s. new South Sea annuities.
Mildred Thompson's charity, 1783. Interest of £10. -Vide 3rd Report, page 475.
Torre's MS. page 1503. Parliamentary Survey, vol. xviii. page 144; recommended to be united to Ouseburn Parva, and the latter to be made the parish Church. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Useburne), pages 36. 221. 234.
*1 Or Ouseburn Magna.