"GUISELEY, a parish in the W.R. of Yorkshire."
"HORSFORTH, in the parish of Guiseley, in the West Riding of Yorkshire, divided only by a brook from Leeds, has for some years been a seat of the Stanhopes. Kirkstal-Abbey had much land here formerly."
"RAWDEN, in the parish of Guiseley, in the West Riding of Yorkshire, on the Are, N.W. of Leeds, where Henry Layton, Esq; built and endowed a chapel, which was consecrated in 1684 by Abp. Dolben, was formerly the seat of the Rawdens, now of the Calverleys."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]