Morley wapentake. -Population, vide Halifax ; Chapel-room, 500; Net value, £76.
Patron, the Vicar of Halifax.
Consecrated 13th October 1815.
The Chapel stands in a remote and obscure valley, in the Chapelry of Sowerby, which was formerly the retreat of a gang of coiners. It has no district assigned.
Augmented, in 1817, with £1,600 from the Parliamentary grant, by lot.
There is a glebe house fit for residence.
No registers previous to 1821.
Post town: Halifax.
Whitaker's Loidis et Elmete, page 393.