At Nazebottom, the Baptists first instituted worship in a cottage at Spa Hall, in the year 1836. An enlarging congregation led to their removal to some rooms in a mill. This situation again proving too strait for them, a chapel was opened on June 24th, 1846, having cost £1600. A separate Church was not established until 1872, when fourteen members were transferred from the mother Church at Heptonstall Slack.
The Rev. J. R. Godfrey became pastor, in 1872, and remained for seven years. The debt having been completely met in the jubilee year, 1896, the Church then faced the problem of its disadvantageous position on the hill. A committee was appointed, in 1902, to consider a site in the valley, nearer to the population. The result, after some years of anxiety, was the opening of the present building, in 1909, at a cost of £2200. With the help of neighbouring Churches and the Association, Nazebottom is now entirely free from debt. Its pastor is Rev. Wm. Hughes.