[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"HARTHILL, a parish-town, in the upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 5 miles W. of Worksop, (Notts.) 9 from Rotherham, 11½ from Tickhill, 55 from York. Pop. 650. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All-Saints, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, £18. 11s. 10½d. Patron, the Duke of Leeds."
"KIVETON PARK, a hamlet in the parish of Harthill, 1 mile east of Wales. Kiveton Park expanded rapidly when the mining of coal commenced in the mid 1800s. In 1868, it became a part of Wales parish. (CH- 2000)"
"WOODALL, in the township and parish of Harthill, upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 5 miles from Worksop, (Notts.) 9 miles S. of Rotherham, 11 from Sheffield."
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]