The Ancient Parish of HARTHILL
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2007]
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"HARTHILL, a parish-town, in the upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 5
miles W. of Worksop, (Notts.) 9 from Rotherham, 11½ from Tickhill, 55 from
York. Pop. 650. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All-Saints, in the
deanry of Doncaster, value, £18. 11s. 10½d. Patron, the Duke of Leeds."
"KIVETON PARK, a hamlet in the parish of Harthill, 1 mile east of Wales.
Kiveton Park expanded rapidly when the mining of coal commenced in the mid
1800s. In 1868, it became a part of Wales parish. (CH- 2000)"
"WOODALL, in the township and parish of Harthill, upper-division of Strafforth
and Tickhill; 5 miles from Worksop, (Notts.) 9 miles S. of Rotherham, 11 from
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- Here are some
notes on the contents (or lack of) of the Harthill parish registers.
- The following transcriptions are transcriptions of transcriptions originally done in 1988
by Wath and Mexborough Archives. These documents have many typographical errors and so we
cannot vouch for the accuracy in the original transcription. If you find anything of interest
here, please be sure to check the original Parish Registers source material.
Transcriptions by Jack Parry of:
- The Marriage Banns for Harthill Parish:
- The Baptism Registers for Harthill Parish:
- The Marriage Registers for Harthill Parish:
- The Burial Registers for Harthill Parish:
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the
Parish of Harthill.
- A transcription of the
List of Rectors of All Hallows Church, Harthill.
- AD 1850 The Reservoirs were this year dry. A wonderfully mild winter; neither snow nor frost.
- AD 1851 The Reservoirs were again dry this year, not having filled during the Winter and the Traffic on the Canal was stopped for several weeks in October, November and December
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014