"HARTHILL, a parish in the southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-AND-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 9 miles S.S.E. from Rotherham, containing, with the township of Woodall, 650 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £18. 11. 10. The Duke of Leeds was patron in 1812. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The Rev. John Hirst, in 1812, bequeathed certain property, producing about £16 a year, for the education of children, in addition to which, £ 12, the annual donation of the Duke of Leeds, is paid in augmentation of the master's salary."
"WOODHALL, a township in the parish of HARTHILL, southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-and-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 9 miles S.S.E. from Rotherham. The population is returned with the parish."