Open a form to report problems or contribute information

 
1 Introduction 2 Message details 3 Upload file 4 Submitted

Help and advice for In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Keighley:

If you have found a problem on this page then please report it on the following form. We will then do our best to fix it. If you are wanting advice then the best place to ask is on the area's specific email lists. All the information that we have is in the web pages, so please do not ask us to supply something that is not there. We are not able to offer a research service.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it.

We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Keighley:


"BRAITHWAITE, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley; 1¼ miles W. of Keighley."


"EASTWOOD HOUSE, (the seat of William Sugden, Esq.) in the township and parish of Keighley."


"EXLEY HEAD, 3 or 4 farm-houses in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 1 mile S. of Keighley."


"FELL LANE, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 1 mile SW. of Keighley."


"HARE HILLS, 2 or 3 h. in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 3 miles SW. of Keighley."


"HOLLINS, in the township of Steeton, and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 2 miles NW. of Keighley, 8 from Skipton."


"HOLME HOUSES, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 2 miles from Keighley, 8 from Skipton.
Martin Hockey adds: SE028403 was the location of Low Holme House, probably abandoned when Gouthwaite Reservoir was built (although not submerged). High Holme House was a little further north in 1890, but was rebuilt higher up and is now at SE133698."


"INGROW, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 1 mile from Keighley, 11 from Skipton."


"LANE END, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley; 3 miles SW. of Keighley."


"LAVERACK HALL, a farm-house in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 3 miles SW. of Keighley."


"LAYCOCK, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 2 miles W. of Keighley, 8 from Skipton."


"NEWSHOLME, in the township and parish of Keighley, east-division and liberty of Staincliffe; 2½ miles SW. of Keighley, 8 from Skipton, 10 from Colne, (Lanc.)"


"OAKWORTH, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 3 miles from Keighley, 10 from Skipton."


"THWAITES, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 1 mile E. of Keighley, 9 from Bradford."


"UTLEY, a hamlet in the township and parish of Keighley, liberty of Staincliffe; 1 mile NW. of Keighley, 9 from Skipton."

[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]