|Yorkshire||West Riding||Nearby places|
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"KIRK DEIGHTON, a parish-town in the upper-division of Claro; (the seat of the Rev. J. Geldart, L.L.D.) 1½ miles N. of Wetherby, 5½ from Knaresborough, 16½ from York. Pop. 371. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanry of the Ainsty, value, £15. 11s. 10½d. Patron, Rev. Jas. Geldart, L.L.D."
"INGMANTHORPE, a hamlet in the township and parish of Kirk Deighton; (the seat of Richard Fountayne Wilson Esq.) 3 miles from Wetherby, 7 from Knaresborough, 12½ from York.
This was anciently part of the possessions of the Barons Trusbuts; from whom it descended to Lord Ross, and was the principal residence of the descendants of that noble family, for many generations. Here was a Chapel, dedicated to St. Mary, in which Sir Robert Ross was interred on the 21st of January, 1393. The site of the house, gardens, &c. may yet be traced, in a field, called Hall Garth."
"NORTH DEIGHTON, in the parish of Kirk Deighton, upper division of Claro; (the seat of John Brewin, Esq.) 2 miles NW. of Wetherby, 4½ from Knaresborough. Pop. 141." (There is further information for North Deighton).