"OWSTON, a parish in the upper division of the wapentake of OSGOLDCROSS, West riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Owston and Skellow, and containing 452 inhabitants, of which number, 306 are in the township of Owston, 5 miles N.W. from Doncaster. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £?.% 0. 2., and in the patronage of P. D. Cooke, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Four pqor children are-instructed for a trifling annuity left by Ann Jackson, in 1675."
"SKELLOW, a township in the parish of OWSTON, upper division of the wapentake of OSGOLDCROSS, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles N.N.W. from Doncaster, containing 146 inhabitants."