Area, vide Ripon. Ripon liberty. -Population, vide Ripon *1; Chapel-room, 550 *2; Net value, £51.
Sharrow was given to be a Prebend in the Collegiate Church of Ripon. Mr. Torre gives a catalogue of the Prebendaries.
16th February 36th Henry VIII., the manor of Sharrow was by the Archbishop granted to the King in fee, which in 37th Henry VIII., cap. 16, was confirmed to the Crown.
Patroness, Mrs. Lawrence.
Impropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Ripon.
The Curacy was augmented in 1826, with £1,000 from the Parliamentary Grant -by lot.
Consecrated in 1825, and made a district Church under 59th Geo. III., cap. 134, sec. 16.
The glebe house is fit for residence.
No return as to Registers.
Poor's Money. Interest of £13, -donor unknown. The principal was applied towards building a poorhouse, and the interest is paid out of the rates at Christmas, and given among the 12 poor not receiving any other relief from the parish. -Vide 7th Report, page 765.
Post town: Ripon.
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 29. 9th Report of the Church Building Commissioners.
*1 Returned at 536 in 1834.
*2 550 additional sittings (of which 280 are free) have been procured, towards which the Society made a grant of £400.