Ripon liberty. -Population, vide Ripon *1 ; Church-room, 450; Net value, £77.
The towns of Givendale and Skelton juxta Ripon, were anciently given to the Collegiate Church of Ripon for a Prebend. Mr. Torre gives a catalogue of the Prebendaries.
Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ripon.
The Curacy was valued in 1707, at £27. 16s.; and in 1818, at £78. 8s. 2d. per annum *2.
Augmented in 1718, with £200, to meet benefaction ,of £200 from Mrs. Elizabeth Trotter.
2nd March 1811, a faculty was granted to take down and rebuild the Chapel.
18th September 1811, the new Chapel was consecrated.
An Inclosure Act was passed 34th Geo. III.
The glebe house is fit for residence. The Registers, prior to 1813, are included in Ripon.
Helen Holliday's charity. Interest of £20, given in bread. -Vide 7th Report, page 765.
Post town: Boroughbridge.
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 21.
*1 Returned at 500 in 1834.
*2 In the Parliamentary Survey, vol. page 138, it is stated to have " Neither Minister nor maintenance."