The Ancient Parish of SOUTH ANSTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"SOUTH ANSTON, a parish-town, in the upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill,
liberties of St. Peter and Tickhill; 6 miles from Worksop, (Notts.) 8 miles SE.
of Rotherham, 9½ from Tickhill; 12 from Sheffield, 50 from York. Pop.
including North Anston, 776, which being united form the township, usually
denominated Anston with its Members. The Church, peculiar, is a perpetual
curacy, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, £33. Patron, the Duke of Leeds."
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Cliffe House
- Conduit Hill
- North Anston
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- The following transcriptions are transcriptions of transcriptions originally done in 1988
by Wath and Mexborough Archives. These documents have many typographical errors and so we
cannot vouch for the accuracy in the original transcription. If you find anything of interest
here, please be sure to check the original Parish Registers source material.
Transcriptions by Jack Parry of:
- The Bishop's transcripts for South Anston Parish:
- The Baptism Registers for South Anston Parish:
- The Marriage Banns for South Anston Parish,
1914 to 1949
- The Marriage Registers for South Anston Parish:
- The Burial Registers for South Anston Parish:
- The Baptism Registers for Woodsetts:
- The Marriage Registers for Woodsetts:
- The Burial Registers for Woodsetts:
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the
Parish of South Anston.
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient)
parish, but I have no further information on them other than
the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (SK557832) Cotterhill Woods
- (SK540825) Lindrick Dale
- (SK544813) Turnerwood
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015