Open a form to report problems or contribute information

 
1 Introduction 2 Message details 3 Upload file 4 Submitted
Page 1 of 4

Help and advice for ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

If you have found a problem on this page then please report it on the following form. We will then do our best to fix it. If you are wanting advice then the best place to ask is on the area's specific email lists. All the information that we have is in the web pages, so please do not ask us to supply something that is not there. We are not able to offer a research service.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it. We have a number of people each maintaining different sections of the web site, so it is important to submit information via a link on the relevant page otherwise it is likely to go to the wrong person and may not be acted upon.

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: THRYBERGH.     Church dedication: ST. LEONARD.     Church type: Rectory in charge.

Area, 1,290 acres. Strafforth and Tickhill wapentake, S.D. -Population, 332; Church-room, 200 *1; Net value, £329. -This anciently belonged to the Normanvilles, and from them to the Reresbys.

Patron, J. Fullerton, Esq.

Valued in Pope Nicholas's taxation, at £6. 13s. 4d.; in the King's books, at £12. 11s. 4d., after deducting for Synodals 2s., and Procurations 6s. 8d.; and in the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xviii. page 473, it is stated: " A Rectory, £60 per annum. Now, as Dalton Parva lieth part in the parish of Rotherham, and part in Thribergh, but nearer this parish by half a mile, we annex Dalton Parva to Thribergh."

An Inclosure Act was passed 37th Geo. III. (Dalton.)

For the arms, monuments, crosses, and list of Rectors, see Hunter's South Yorkshire, vol. ii. page 39 ; and for the arms and inscriptions, see Bodleian MS. No. 5078, and mem. ib. 5101.

A Chantry is mentioned in the Valor Ecc.

8th November 1783, faculty to erect a gallery.

The glebe house, which was built under a faculty, dated 13th August 1750, is fit for residence.

The Register Books commence in 1599.

Charities:
Elizabeth Finch's gift, by will, in 1760. Rent-charge of £10. 10s. per annum, for teaching ten poor children of the parish.

Hedge's gift, vide Adwick in the Street. The dividends on £100 three per cents. are distributed by the minister on St. Thomas's day among the poor. Also the dividends on £600 like stock are paid to the schoolmaster. -Vide 18th Report, page 637.

Post town: Rotherham.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1161. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. i. page 244. Bodleian MS., Nos. 5078 and 5101. Nonae Roll, page 223. Rhodes, page 139. Hunter's South Yorkshire, vol. ii. page 37.


Notes:
*1 In 1818, the Church-room was returned sufficient for the then Population of 272.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.