"THRYBERGH, a parish in the southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-and-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles N.E. from Ro- therham, containing 315 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £ 12.11. 5., and in the patronage of John Fullerton, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, is principally in the later style of English architecture, Elizabeth Finch, in 1760, bequeathed money producing about ten guineas a year, for teaching poor children. A new school-room has been erected by Mr. Fullerton, and the former converted into a residence for the master."