[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"WARMFIELD, a parish-town, in Agbrigg-division of Agbrigg and Morley, liberty of Pontefract; 4 miles E. of Wakefield, 5 from Pontefract, 25 from York. Pop. including Heath, 741, which being united, form a township. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Peter, in the deanry of Pontefract, value, £5. 4s. 2d. Patrons, Nine Trustees of the Rev. Barnabas Oley.
Here is a School, founded and endowed by Dame Mary Bowlse, of Heath Halt, in 1660, for educating and apprenticing children. And an Hospital for seven men and a matron, to be chosen from the parishes of Warmfield and Normanton, alternately, founded and endowed by John Freston, in 1591: and another Hospital for four old widows, founded by Mr. Oles Sagar, about 1558."
"AGBRIGG, a hamlet (which gives name to the division) in the township and parish of Warmfield; 1¼ mile SE. of Wakefield."
"HEATH, in the township of Warmfield with Heath, and parish of Warmfield, Agbrigg-division of Agbrigg and Morley, liberty of Pontefract; (the seats of John Henry Smyth, and William Smithson, Esqrs.) 2 miles E. of Wakefield, 10 from Barnsley. Pop. included in Warmfield. Heath Hall is occupied by Nuns of the order of St. Benedict."
"KIRKTHORPE, a hamlet in the township and parish of Warmfield, liberty of Pontefract; (the residence of the Rev. James Drake) 3 miles E. of Wakefield, 11 from Barnsley. This forms a part of the vicarage of Warmfield, being styled Warmfield with Kirkthorpe. --Bacon."
"SHARLSTON, in the parish of Warmfield, Agbrigg-division of Agbrigg and Morley, liberty of Pontefract; (the seat of Richard Atkins, Esq.) 4½ miles from Wakefield, 5 ESE. of Pontefract. Pop. 235."
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]