ULLARD, a parish, partly in the barony of ST-MULLINS, county of CARLOW, and partly in the barony of GOWRAN, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (N.) from Graig, on the road from Carlow to New Ross; containing 2139 inhabitants. This parish is situated on both sides of the river Barrow, and comprises 4989 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Leighlin, being the corps of the prebend thereof in the cathedral of Leighlin, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the tithes amount to £258. 9. 2¾., and the gross income of the prebend to £285. 9. There is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 30 acres. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Graig. The remains of the church, with an ornamented cross in the churchyard, appear to be of some antiquity.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.