", or Aughaviller, a parish
in the barony of Knocktopher, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 3 miles (S. W.) from Knocktpoher, on the road from Kilkenny to Carrick-on-Suir; containing 1887 inhabitants. The farm-houses, being well built and slated, present a neat and comfortable appearance; there is a good freestone quarry in the parish. Castle Morres, the splendid mansion of Harvey de Montmorency, Esq., occupies an elevated site, and has been recently enlarged and improved. Three fairs, called "the fairs of Harvey," are held at Hugginstown. The parish is in the diocese of Ossory, and is a rectory and a vicarage, forming part of the union of Knocktopher. In the R.C. divisions also it is included within the union of Knocktopher, or Ballyhale
; it contains two chapels, situated respectively at Newmarket
; in the former is held a Sunday school. Near Castle Morres, within a few yards of the site of the old church, is the lower part of an ancient round tower of breccia, measuring 50 feet in circumference above the base.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland