"Ballylinch", a parish, in the barony of Gowran, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 1 mile (N.) from Thomastown; containing 298 inhabitants. It forms part of the estate of Mount Juliet, comprises 165 statute acres. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and is included in the union of Burnchurch; the rectory is a sub-denomination forming part of the Mount Juliet demesne. In the R. C. divisions it is comprehended in the union or district of Thomastown.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]