"Borrismore", a townland, in the barony of Galmoy, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 4 miles (W. by N.) from Freshford; the population is returned with the parish. This place anciently formed part of the possessions of the abbey of Jerpoint: it contains 2037 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, for which the composition amounts to £83. 2. 5. per annum, appropriate to the benefice of Burnchurch, in the diocese of Ossory.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]