We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"Clough", a village, in the parish of Castlecomer, barony of Fassadining, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 1 mile (N.N.E.) from Castlecomer, on the road to Athy; containing 116 houses and 582 inhabitants, who are chiefly employed in the neighboring collieries. It is a constabulary police station; and the R.C. chapel of the district of Clough, which comprises parts of the parishes of Castlecomer and Rathaspeck, is situated here.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Parish Townland Acres Diocese
Castlecomer Clogh 506 Ossory