"Clashacrow", a parish, in the barony of Cranagh, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 1 1/4 miles (S. S. E.) from Freshford, containing 250 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the river Nore, and on the road from Kilkenny to Freshford, and comprises 979 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Freshford. In the R. C. divisions it is also part of the union or district of Freshford.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]