"Clonmore", a parish, in the barony of Iverk, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 2 1/2 miles (S. S. E.) from Piltown, on the mail coach road from Limerick To wateford; Containing 702 inhabitants. The principal seats are Silverspring and Cloncunny. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, united to those of Ballytarsney, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The glebe-house was built in 1817: the glebe comprises 11 acres. The church was erected in 1818, In the R. C. divisions this parish is in the union or district of Moncoin.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]