GENUKI Home page
Kilkenny Contents Parishes and Towns

 

CLONMORE

"Clonmore", a parish, in the barony of Iverk, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 2 1/2 miles (S. S. E.) from Piltown, on the mail coach road from Limerick To wateford; Containing 702 inhabitants. The principal seats are Silverspring and Cloncunny. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, united to those of Ballytarsney, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The glebe-house was built in 1817: the glebe comprises 11 acres. The church was erected in 1818, In the R. C. divisions this parish is in the union or district of Moncoin.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]

Church Records

Civil Parish: Clonmore. RC Parish: Mooncoin
Earliest Records: b. Dec 1797; m. Jan 1772.

Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)

Civil 		Roman Catholic	Time 		FHLC
parish		parish		period		number
Clonmore	Mooncoin	1856-1880	0979702

Historical Geography

Townlands (1851)
Parish		Townland		Acres	Diocese
Clonmore	Cashel       		227	Ossory    
Clonmore	Clonconey       	406	Ossory    
Clonmore	Clonmore		923	Ossory    
Clonmore	Graigavine      	268	Ossory    
Clonmore	Killinaspick		265	Ossory    
Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 10 Apr 1999

Return to top of page