"Coolaghmore", a parish, in the barony of Kells, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 3 miles (S. S. E.) from Callan, on the road to Clonmel; containing 1417 inhabitants. This parish comprises 5332 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Callan. In the R. C. divisions also it forms part of the union or district of Callan, and has a chapel at Coolagh.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]