"Annamult", otherwise Aghnamolt, a parish, in the barony of Shillelogher, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 6 miles (S.) from Kilkenny, containing 458 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Nore, which here receives the King's river, on the high road from Stoneyford to Kilkenny by Bennet's-Bridge, and contains 1664 statute acres. Except about 25 acres of woodland attached to Annamult, the handsome residence of T. Neville, Esq., and to the residence of the Rev. Dr. Butler, the lands are arable and pasture; about one-half are held immediately from Major Wemyss, and the other half under the lesees of Sir J. Blunden, Bart. The parish is tithe-free; it is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Kells. In the R. C. divisions it is united to Danesfort.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]