"Dunmore", a parish, in the county of the city of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 3 1/2 miles (N.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Durrow; containing 875 inhabitants. It comprises 2264 statute acres, and has a conatbulary police station. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, united with the vicarages of Muckalee and Kilmodum, and in the patronage of the Crown; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde. The glebe-house was erected in 1816, and the glebe comprises 23 acres. The church is a plain building, recently repaired by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Muckalee.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]