"Ennisnag", a parish, in the barony of Shillelogher, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 5 1/2 miles (S.) from Kilkenny, on the King's river, and on the road from Kilkenny to Waterford; containing 550 inhabitants. It comprises 1200 statute acres, of which 10 are woodland, 950 arable, 200 pasture, and about 40 waste. There are two flour-mills. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and the corps of the treasurership of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny, in the patronage of the Bishop. The glebe-house was built in 1821; the glebe comprises 18 acres. The church, a neat modern structure, was erected in 1815. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Danesfort.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]