"Garranamanagh", a parish, in the barony of Gowran, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster; containing, with the merged parish of Mocktown or Rathbin, 158 inhabitants and 834 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Brunchurch. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Freshford. The population is returned with the parish of Mocktown.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]